You are obviously here because you want learn how to configure your Cpanel/WHM managed domain to use SendGrid’s SMTP mail servers. Just follow these easy steps and you will be on your way in no time.
- Login to your WHM account
- Click on Service Configuration -> Exim Configuration Manger
- Click on the Advanced Editor tab
- Find the section called Section: AUTH and paste the following into the text box, substituting in your SendGrid username and password:
sendgrid_login: driver = plaintext public_name = LOGIN client_send = : <YourSendGridUsername> : <YourSendGridPassword>
- Find the section called Section: PREROUTERS paste the following in the textbox, substituting in your Domain name in the senders line:
send_via_sendgrid: driver = manualroute domains = ! +local_domains senders = *@<YourDomainHere> transport = sendgrid_smtp route_list = "* smtp.sendgrid.net::587 byname" host_find_failed = defer
- Find the section called Section: TRANSPORTSTART and paste the following in the textbox:
sendgrid_smtp: driver = smtp hosts = smtp.sendgrid.net hosts_require_auth = smtp.sendgrid.net hosts_require_tls = smtp.sendgrid.net
Voila! That’s all there is to it!
2 thoughts on “CPANEL/WHM: How to configure a domain to use Sendgrid SMTP”
Hey, about your tutorial, if i have about 10domains on my WHM and i want the just 3 or 4 this domains is allow to send email using the sendgrid SMTP, how i implement
the ( senders = *@ ) to use this 4domains only?
How i do this, put the 4domains there and works fine?
Another question, i put inside the or remove the and put : *@YourDomainHere
I would like to know the same…
How do you add some domains, but not all?