MWSnap is a very handy screen capture application for Windows that is completely free. There are no ads, spyware, or annoying trials with this software. And better yet, the download is less than 1 MB (it is 643 KB to be exact). You might be thinking the software must be crippled and feature-less since it is freeware and so small, however that is not the case.
MWSnap makes it a breeze to take screenshots of anything in Windows. There are several types of captures you can do:
- Fixed rectangle
- Any rectangle area
- A window or menu
- Full desktop
Here are a list of features taken from their website:
- 5 snapping modes.
- Support for BMP, JPG, TIFF, PNG and GIF formats, with selected color depth and quality settings.
- System-wide hotkeys.
- Clipboard copy/paste.
- Auto-saving, auto-printing.
- Auto-start with Windows.
- Minimizing to system tray.
- An auto-extending list of fixed sizes, perfect for snapping images for icons and glyphs.
- A zoom tool for magnifying selected parts of the screen.
- A ruler tool for measuring screen objects lengths.
- A color picker showing screen colors with separated RGB parts.
- Fast picture viewer.
- Adding frames and mouse pointer images.
- Multilevel configurable undo and redo.
- Multilingual versions.
- Configurable user interface.
- And more…