Today, Sun announced the General Availability (GA) release of the newest version of their Automated Cartridge Systems Library Software (ACSLS), version 8.0!
What is ACSLS?
ACSLS allows for centralized library management that optimizes libraries, locates and reactivates lost cartridges, exchanges cartridges between libraries and provides library tuning for the most cost-effective configuration.
ACSLS 8.0 New Features
- Web-based GUI for library management and control.
- Logical Libraries (partitioning) – Ability to partition physical libraries into logical libraries
- SCSI Media Changer Fibre Channel (FC) front end interface to logical libraries for client connectivity – Allows both non-ACSAPI and ACSAPI applications to share library resources
- Backward compatibility with all legacy ACSLS commands and interfaces
- Supports reporting the 8-character barcode as the Volume Label (including media domain & type)