Not everyone has enough time for planning, shopping, cooking and washing dishes each night. Obviously, it feels great being able to cook a perfect meal that attracts thousands of Instagram likes, but that would require plenty of efforts for many people. Fortunately, smartphones and tablets allow us to deal with the daily chore of cooking for the family.
1. Plan everything: With mobile devices, planning meal should be so much simpler and easier. Smartphones and tablets are able to take care of such a menial task. Spoonacular and similar apps are digital planners that can avert chaos and organize our thoughts, which will eventually manifest into extraordinarily delicious dinner for the whole family. We should be able to organize our schedules and recipes ahead.
2. Create Pinterest boards: We may create numerous boards in Pinterests for easy-prep dishes and quick meals. They can be a real saving grace for busy moms. Many food pins in Pinterest are associated with easy recipes and they will shorten the preparation and cooking process.
3. Look for short videos in Facebook: There are Facebook pages that are dedicated for delectable dishes. They don’t only offer amazing recipes but also a variety of quick videos. These videos can be saved. To the right of these videos, there’s a drop-down arrow that includes the “Save Video” option. After being downloaded, these videos should be available within the “Saved” tab in “Favorites”. It’s easy to replay them on our mobile devices when are ready to cook.
4. Set up alarms for preparing frozen meals: Some days are definitely busier and we may need to properly prepare frozen meals. Cooking them is easier, but we will need reminders or alarms when we should start thawing out frozen meals.
5. Make a catalog of recipes: There are many apps that allow us to make a catalogue of recipes. Evernote is certainly a great app for many reasons. The Clip It button can be used in the web browser or the Evernote app itself. We will know what we should eat this week and make tags to describe recipes, such as vegan, slow-cooking, chicken, fish or others. So, if we are at the store, thinking about what to make with the fish we are about to buy; we can immediately pull out our smartphone and open Evernote to find recipes with relevant tags. They will also remind us what other ingredients we should buy.
6. Find out what to cook with available ingredients in the fridge: Often, we don’t have time going to the nearest grocery store. Kids are hungry and we need to cook with what’s available in the fridge. Empty Fridge is a useful app that allows us to input current ingredients we have in the fridge and it will be much easier to turn them into real culinary masterpiece.
7. Use a kitchen timer: Cooking needs careful planning and timing. Often, parents are busy helping their kids and doing other chores, while the chicken is slowly turning into charcoal. A kitchen timer app can be used on a tablet and it could make very loud noise when it is time to turn off the stove.