Codenamed Karmic Koala, Ubuntu 9.10 was officially released today. Some noteworthy new features include:
- Faster start-up times
- Upgrade to Gnome 2.28
- Now available in 25 different languages
- New Intel video driver architecture for improved performance
- ext4 is now the default filesystem
- and many many more!
How to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10?
- Navigate to System -> Administration -> Update Manager
- Click the Upgrade button next to the text New distribution release ‘9.10 is available’
- Sit back and relax while it downloads and installs ~700 MB of packages!