As you know, upgrading Tape Drive firmware can be a big pain. Fortunately, Quantum has a quick and easy way to do it using a Windows application. The only thing you need is a Windows host that is on the same SAN as the tape drive you want to upgrade! So here’s how to upgrade the firmware on Quantum SDLT drives!
- Download and install StorageCare Sage iTalk for Windows
(Located under the Diagnostics tab)
- Download and unzip the SDLT drive firmware
(Located under the Firmware tab)
- The current firmware on the website is v96 (aka 6060)
- Launch the iTalk software and Scan for devices if they do not show up automatically
- Locate the drive you want to upgrade from the left panel
- Right-click on the drive and choose the FUP Drive option
- Select the firmware .img file that you unzipped and click OK
- Wait several minutes until the firmware update is complete!